Jessica Meyers Biography – Jessica Meyers Wiki
Jessica Meyers is an attorney and associate at Brown Rudnick LLP, a law firm powered by over 250 lawyers in key financial centers, including New York, London, Paris, Boston, California, and Washington, D.C. Meyers is an associate in the Firm’s Litigation & Arbitration Practice Group.
Meyers has represented a wide variety of clients in all aspects of litigation and arbitration matters. Her current practice focuses on plaintiff-side defamation suits, with additional experience litigating contract disputes, business-related torts, and bankruptcy-related claims. Her experience includes drafting pleadings and motions, conducting discovery, mediation, and multiple trials in state and federal courts.
Prior to joining Brown Rudnick, Meyers was a judicial intern for Chief Magistrate Judge Steven M. Gold in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York. She started her legal career as a litigation paralegal at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP in New York.
Jessica Meyers Attorney Johnny Depp
Attorney Jessica Meyers is representing Johnny Depp in the $50 million defamation trial between Johnny Depp and Amber Heard. Depp is suing his actress ex-wife Heard over an article she wrote in 2018 for The Washington Post, in which she described herself as a victim of domestic violence, despite not naming her former husband.
Jessica Meyers Education
Attorney Jessica Meyers was awared her B.A. degree from Tufts University in Political Science and Psychology in 2010 and J.D. degree from Boston University School of Law in 2015. She was the Note Development Editor of the Boston University Law Review.
Jessica Meyers Bar Admissions
Attorney Jessica Meyers is admitted to practice in Massachusetts, New York, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
Jessica Meyers Representation
Attorney Jessica N. Meyers has represented a wide variety of clients in all aspects of litigation and arbitration matters, including:
- Ongoing representations of individuals prosecuting multimillion-dollar defamation claims arising from highly-publicized accusations of criminal conduct.
- In connection with defamation action pending in the Circuit Court of Virginia, Fairfax County: drafted successful oppositions to two potentially dispositive motions to dismiss client’s defamation claims; successfully moved to dismiss majority of $100 million counterclaims against client; and successfully compelled third-party disclosure from New York-based nonprofit.
- Successfully represented litigation trusts in action before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York to enforce multimillion-dollar loan agreements approved in chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Successfully defended mutual fund against tortious interference claims arising from the purchase of LLC interests in a two-week trial in the New York Supreme Court.
- Defended cryptocurrency services provider in putative securities class action suit and secured dismissal of all claims on successful motion to dismiss for lack of personal jurisdiction and failure to state a claim
- Represented Lyondell Litigation Trust in prosecuting multibillion-dollar claims against former owner during a three-week trial in the Bankruptcy Court in the Southern District of New York.
- Represented financial institutions prosecuting causes of action in New York Supreme Court, including claims for breach of loan agreements, fraudulent conveyance, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented official and ad hoc creditor committees in prosecuting and settling multimillion-dollar claims against chapter 11 bankruptcy estates.